Gaelic Plans Fund 2023/24
This scheme is currently open until 3pm on 18 April 2023 for 2023/24 applications.
The Gaelic Plans Fund, formerly the Gaelic Language Act Implementation Fund (GLAIF), is available to help public authorities in the delivery of commitments in their Gaelic Language Plans, and in support of the National Gaelic Language Plan. The fund has also been used to assist other public authorities in the delivery of projects ahead of their formal notice to produce a Gaelic Language Plan.
Further details on projects awarded funding from GLAIF from 2018/19 onwards are available via GrantNav.
This fund will support projects which will commence and be fully completed between 1st August 2023 and 31st August 2024 (alternative timelines can be proposed if discussed with Bòrd na Gàidhlig officers prior to submission). It is not anticipated at this stage that there will be any further funding rounds for projects for public/local authorities in the financial year 2023/24.
The scheme will support projects that look to achieve one of the following:
- Promoting Gaelic usage and building capacity for Gaelic development in the community, especially among young people
- Promoting the status, consistency and availability of Gaelic through the general services and communications of the authority
- Strengthening Gaelic skills, promoting awareness of Gaelic and creating more opportunities to use Gaelic among public authorities and their staff
- Promoting the development and expansion of Gaelic education (GME and GLE) and adult learning of Gaelic
- Providing opportunities for young people to use Gaelic in the workplace and to develop work skills
The closing date for applications is 3pm on Tuesday 18th April 2023, no late applications will be accepted.
Guidelines for Applicants and an application form can be accessed below.
If you have any questions, or would like to book an online session to discuss proposed projects with Bòrd na Gàidhlig officers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaelic Plans Fund 2023/24 Application Form (via Fluxx portal)
Gaelic Plans Fund 2023/24 Guidance
Gaelic Plans Fund 2023/24 Assessment Guidance